Pets are great company and they can be a nice way to stay connected to nature. But looking after a pet is easier said than done. Often our time is limited. Moreover, some pets require space to play. Two things that many of us don’t have in abundance. So we’ve figured out which animals are low in maintenance. Check out our top 10 low maintenance pets!
Top 10 low maintenance pets
- Hamsters, you’ve got to love them, but hamsters are great for kids
- Rats, social and intelligent animals
- Pigs, a pig takes space but eats all your organic waste
- Chickens, require space, but are easy to maintain
- Parakeets, social interactors, intelligent birds, sometimes noisy
- Cats, solitary and independent pets. They groom themselves
- Small snakes, like the corn snake are easy to maintain. Exotic pets!
- Lizards, require live food and are ideal when you have a fur allergy
- Ant farm, ants are educational and low in maintenance. They just need a warm place
- Gold fish ,the automatic food dispenser does the job for you!