Nothing is more relaxing than driving around for fun. Just a bit of cruising through some beautiful places surrounded by spectacular landmarks. In many countries though this kind of relaxing may be bad for your wallet. As the global demand for oil rises, the prices at the pump are increasing as well. Check these countries by gasoline prices!
Instead you might switch to Tesla, but with a radius of approximately 250 miles chances are low that you’ll find a charger in some desolate town in the middle of a desert. Gasoline is still the most used type of fuel and that won’t probably change for the next 25 years. In the western world gasoline prices went up with 40% on average over the last 20 years. In many European countries this is mainly because the high fuel taxes. Compared to the United States a gallon in Europe costs you twice as much. In which countries cruising around for fun comes at the highest cost? Check the top 10 countries by gasoline prices!
Top 10 countries by gasoline prices
- Israel – € 1.60 / $ 2.08 a liter
- Denmark – € 1.61 / $ 2.10 a liter
- Ireland, United Kingdom – € 1.63 / $ 2.12 a liter
- Germany – € 1.65 / $ 2.15 a liter
- Finland – € 1.66 / $ 2.16 a liter
- Hong Kong, Belgium – € 1.67 / $ 2.18 a liter
- Sweden, Greece, Portugal – € 1.71 / $ 2.23 a liter
- France – € 1.73 / $ 2.25 a liter
- The Netherlands, Italy – € 1.82 / $ 2.37 a liter
- Turkey, Norway – € 2.03 / $ 2.65 a liter