Last week the Russian President Putin announced that his marriage with Lyudmilla is over. The couple had been married for 30 years. “Vladimir Vladimirovich is completely drowned in work,” Lyudmila said to a reporter. Russia belongs to the countries with the highest divorce rates, but what are the others?
In the United States 50% of all marriages will end in divorce, which is especially good for lawyers. In many cultures however getting divorced is still a tabu. These cultural differences might well be an explanation for the fact that there are huge differences in divorce rates. Out of 1,000 inhabitants, how many will divorce? This is the crude divorce rate. So which countries have the highest divorce rates? Here’s a top 10 countries with the highest divorce rates!
Top 10 countries with the highest divorce rate
- Hungary, Liechtenstein – 2.4/1,000
- Costa Rica, Finland, Portugal, Sweden – 2.5/1,000
- Denmark, Jordan – 2.6/1,000
- Switzerland, Ukraine – 2.8/1,000
- Cuba, Czech Republic – 2.9/1,000
- Belgium, Lithuania – 3.0/1,000
- Moldova – 3.1/1,000
- United States – 3.6/1,000
- Belarus – 4.1/1,000
- Russia – 4.7/1,000