The problem with many things is that it’s difficult to stop enjoying it. Be it something innocent like a cigarette or a glass of wine. And sometimes it’s even more difficult, especially when your life is taken over by the addictive substance inside the drug. In most countries many of those substances are forbidden, but that doesn’t seem to stop people from taking it. On the contrary! So don’t pass out while reading the next top 10 list of most addictive drugs!
Top 10 most addictive drugs
- Alcohol, consumed by humans for over 9,000 years
- Seconal, barbiturate also known as red hearts
- Quaalude, causes sexual arousal and euphoria
- Diazepam, top selling pharmaceutical in the US from 1968 to 1982. Sedating. Better known as valium.
- Heroin, administered intravenously heroin causes euphoria. Developed by German firm Bayer in the late 1800’s
- Oxycodone, pain killer ‘pur sang’, with an addiction likelihood of 99%. Another great product from Bayer
- Crystal Meth, injected methamphetamine, brings on a feeling of exhilaration. Overdosing can result in coma
- Ice or Glass, smoked methamphetamine, look at # 4 and add up lung problems.
- Crack, the poor man’s cocain. Epidemically popular in the mid eighties, especially in the US
- Tobacco, one of the great – legal – industries all over the world