Soccer is the most popular sport in the world as billions of people worldwide watch the game in stadiums or on television on an almost daily basis. There is a lot of money going on in football. Therefore it seems only logical that soccer clubs are trying to buy the best players in order to win prizes.
Soccer clubs earn money by winning competitions. However, this prize money represents just a small share of a clubs income. The majority is earned by sponsoring or merchandising. The better a soccer club performs, the more attention, the more money is made. That’s why clubs are paying astronomic figures to lure in the best soccer players. So who are the most expensive soccer players by transfer value? Check this top 10 list!
Top 10 most expensive soccer players by transfer value
- Radamel Falcao – Porto to Atlético Madrid (2011): € 47.000.000
- Christian Vieri – Lazio Roma to Internazionale (1999): € 47.300.000
- Hernán Crespo – Parma to Lazio Roma (2000): € 48.000.000
- Gianluigi Buffon – Parma to Juventus (2001): € 57.000.000
- Fernando Torres – Liverpool to Chelsea (2011): € 58.000.000
- Luís Figo – Barcelona to Real Madrid (2000): € 61.500.000
- Zinedine Zidane – Juventus to Real Madrid (2001): € 63.500.000
- Kaká – AC Milan to Real Madrid (2009): € 65.000.000
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic – Internaziole to Barcelona (2009): € 66.000.000
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Manchester United to Real Madrid (2009): € 96.000.000