In 1962, exactly fifty years ago, the first Bond movie (Dr. No) saw the light, followed by many more. Based on the stories of Alexander Fleming, the storyline is more or less the same. Bad guy wants to take over controll. After several adventures, a lot of action, the rendez vous with the Bond girl, 007 always succeeds in his mission: get rid of the bad guy. The characters used in Bond movies spice up the rather thin and predictable plots. Here are our favourites!
Top 10 most notable characters in Bond movies
- General Georgi Koskov – The Living Daylights, played by Dutch actor Jeroen Krabbe, probably one of the worst actors that ever performed in a Bond movie.
- Miss Moneypenny – 14 Bond movies, Bond’s secretary, played by Lois Maxwell
- Auric Goldfinger – Goldfinger, roll played by Gert Froebe, who actually joined the nazi party NSDAP during WWII
- May Day – A View to a Kill played by Grace Jones
- Francisco Scaramanga – The Man with the Golden Gun, played by Christopher Lee,
- ‘Q’ – appeared in 17 Bond movies famous handyman of the British secret service, played by Desmond Llewelyn
- Jaws – The Spy who loved me / Moonraker scary roll played by the 7.15ft Richard Kiel
- Zorin – A View to a Kill played by Christopher Walken
- Nick Nack – The Man with the Golden Gun, terrifying dwarf, henchman of Scaramanga, played by Frenchman Herve Villechaize. Insisted in real life to be called ‘midget’.
- Ernest Stavro Blofeld – several (5) movies, the archetype of a villain, played by Donald Pleasance, Telly Savalas, Charles Gray and Max von Sydow, always portrayed with a Turkish Angora catbreed
Watch all James Bond movies: