‘With great power comes great responsibility’. The earliest usage of this phrase is attributed to Voltaire. In 2002 Spiderman used this mantra too. We don’t know if Voltaire or Spiderman ever got caught up in the nasty web of sex scandals and intrigue, but many famous people got involved in a sex scandal. TV-personalities, actors or sportsmen were confronted with their sexual escapades being made public.
In this list we focus on politicians. After all, they are powerful people with high moral standards. Well, at least before being elected. Here’s a top 10 politicians involved in a sex scandal!
Top 10 politicians involved in a sex scandal
- US President Thomas Jefferson (1802): accused of fathering the children of his slave
- US President Grover Cleveland (1884): had sexual relationships with a number of men
- US President Warren Harding (1921-1923): had extramarital affairs with two women
- US President John F. Kennedy (1963): linked to a number of extramarital affairs
- US President Bill Clinton (1998): Monica Lewinsky had oral sex with Clinton in the Oval Office
- Jacob Zuma (2005-2006): was charged with rape before becoming President of South Africa
- Ramzan Kadyrov, Prime Minister of the Chechen Republic (2006): appears in a sauna sex party video
- Silvio Berlusconi, Italy’s Prime Minister (2011): paid for sex with a minor on a bunga bunga party
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn, Head of the IMF (2011): charged with the sexual assault and attempted rape of a housekeeper
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California (2011): had fathered his housekeeper’s son, now aged 15
compiled from many sources
Highly recommended: Beltway Unbuckled: Political Secrets, Sagas, And Scandals (The History Channel)