Yesterday, we’ve stumbled upon oranges. They are one of the richest sources of vitamin c, which is an essential nutrient to humans. The Daily Value (DV) for vitamin c for a human is 60 mg. If you take the foods mentioned in our next list on a daily basis, you’ll improve your health.
Vitamin c alleviates high blood pressure, it’s increasing the immune function and it facilitates the absorption of iron. As a powerful antioxidant, vitamin c is thought to lower the risk on cancer. Moreover, it has a beneficial impact on people with chronic inflammatory diseases or diabetes. And if you don’t like fresh food, you can buy vitamin c in synthesized form as well. But the foods in the following list are tasty as well. So which foods are highest in vitamin c, measured in DV per 100 grams. Here’s a top 10 richest sources of vitamin c!
Top 10 richest sources of vitamin c
- Strawberries – 59mg (98% DV) per 100 gram serving
- Oranges – 59mg (99% DV) per 100 gram serving
- Papayas – 62mg (103% DV) per 100 gram serving
- Kiwi Fruits – 93mg (155% DV) per 100g serving
- Broccoli – 89mg (149% DV) per 100g serving
- Raw Kale – 120mg (200% DV) per 100 gram serving
- Thyme – 160mg (267% DV) per 100 gram serving
- Yellow Bell Peppers – 184mg (206% DV) per 100 gram serving
- Guavas – 228mg (381% DV) of vitamin C per 100g serving
- Red and Green Hot Chili Peppers – 242.5mg (404% DV) per 100 gram serving
We suggest: Vitamin C: The Real Story