Scotch. Pure, on the rocks or mixed with soda. Scotch whisky brands are famous over the world and are stored on the shelves of almost any bar in the world. We’ve all probably had our share of whisky, but what are the biggest brands in terms of cases?
Scotch whisky must be aged in oak barrels for at least three years. The best known whiskies from Scotland are single malts or blended whisky. Blended Scotch whisky constitutes about 90% of the whisky produced in Scotland. Typically, bottled whisky is between 40% and 46% ABV. But what are the largest Scotch whisky brands by volume? Here’s a top 10 Scotch whisky brands by volume, measured in number of cases.
NB one case is 12 bottles or 9 liters
Top 10 Scotch whisky brands by volume
- Willam Peel – 2.5 million cases
- Bell’s – 2.5 million cases
- William Lawson’s – 2.6 million cases
- Dewar’s – 3.0 million cases
- The Famous Grouse – 3.2 million cases
- William Grant’s – 4.5 million cases
- J&B Rare – 4.6 million cases
- Chivas Regal – 4.8 million cases
- Ballantine’s – 5.8 million cases
- Johnnie Walker – 19.7 million cases